Register Now for Free Workshop on Developing a Resilient Oncology Careforce
From February 11-12 in Washington, DC, the National Cancer Policy Forum of the National Academies is hosting a workshop, “Developing and Sustaining an Effective and Resilient Oncology Careforce.”
This workshop will provide a venue for the cancer community to consider opportunities to enhance the delivery of high-quality patient care by improving the development and support of the oncology careforce. The intent of the workshop is to consider the full spectrum of those who care for people with cancer, such as oncologists, primary care physicians, advanced practice clinicians, nurses, pharmacists, and family caregivers.
Workshop sessions include:
- Cancer Demographic and Careforce Trends and Implications for the Future of Cancer Care
- Improving Cancer Care By Addressing Work System Factors that Contribute to Clinician Burnout and Poor Quality Care
- Care Delivery Models to Effectively Leverage the Cancer Careforce and Optimize Care
- Innovative Technologies, Tools, and Strategies to Support the Cancer Careforce
- Opportunities to Scale and Spread Solutions to Address Careforce Challenges
- Stakeholder Recommendations on A Policy Agenda and Framework for Action
ASCO is a sponsor of the National Cancer Policy Forum. A number of current and previous leaders of ASCO, including ASCO President-Elect Howard A. “Skip” Burris, MD, FACP, FASCO, will be participating in the workshop. A full list of panelists is available.
The workshop is open to the public and free of charge. For more information, or to register for this workshop, visit the National Academies website.