The 6-month program includes five days of in-person (unless noted otherwise below) learning across three sessions, as well as hands-on learning at the participants’ practices. To ensure a well-rounded experience, sessions include seminars, case examples, and small group exercises.
Participants who complete the course are eligible for CME credits. The locations will change each year within the United States and also in international locations. If you are interested in hosting a QTP in your region or country, please complete our International Interest Survey and contact us.
Two to four members of each team, including the team leader, must attend three meetings (even if the meetings are virtual).
QTP Winter 2022 has started, and the application is closed. Summer QTP is currently planned for the following dates & locations (depending on COVID restrictions).
QTP Summer 2022 will have the following meeting dates:
- Meeting 1: July 14 - 15, 2022 (Virtual)
- Meeting 2: September 15-16, 2022 (Virtual)
- Meeting 3: December 9, 2022 (Virtual)
For questions about QTP 6-month or 1-day workshops, including pricing, dates, and application deadlines, please contact us.
Knowledge and Skills Acquired During the Course
Upon participation in this activity, attendees will be better able to:
- Form a high-functioning quality improvement team
- Identify clinical and operational targets for quality improvement
- Plan and implement change strategies
- Analyze data and use results to guide quality improvement plans
- Identify strategies to evaluate effective problem and aim statements
- Apply effective manuscript preparation strategies for use with QI-focused research
Conducting projects at the teams’ practice sites delivers a great benefit, allowing the teams to immediately translate training into action to improve cancer care quality.
The Quality Training Program also offers a 1-Day Workshop. For more information, please contact us.
Quality Training Program Steering Group
- Michael Keng, MD
- Vedner Guerrier, MBA, LSSBB
- Doris Quinn, PhD, MSN
- Piyush Srivastava, MD
- John Bingham, MHA
- Ashraf Mohammed, MD, MHA
- Sirisha Karri, MD
- Laura Kaufman, MSN, RN
- Calvin Chou, MD, PhD
- Carolyn Hendricks, MD
- Amy Morris, PharmD
- Razvan Popescu, MD
- Tony Philip, MD
- Adrian Udrea, MD
- Carolyn Russo, MD
Members of the Steering Group may also serve as faculty and/or coaches.
Explore the Quality Training Program
The Quality Training Program is funded through Conquer Cancer®, the ASCO Foundation.
This list indicates commitments as of January 11, 2023.