The Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) Reporting Registry, a Qualified Clinical Data Registry, brought to you by ASCO, offers practices a one-stop shop for submitting your data to the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Please note: For the 2020 reporting year, the American Society for Radiation Oncologists (ASTRO) is no longer a partner with the QOPI Reporting Registry. ASTRO practices are still welcome to report with the QOPI Reporting Registry with a valid ASTRO Member ID.
Medicare payment adjustments depend on how practices participate during the previous reporting year, as well as how they perform compared to other reporting practices.
In one easy-to-use dashboard, the QOPI Reporting Registry allows practices to report on CMS-approved quality measures as well as attest to participation in Improvement Activities and Promoting Interoperability. The QOPI Reporting Registry dashboard also provides an estimated MIPS score so you can see how you’re doing throughout your reporting.
If you're interested in signing up for electronic data abstraction and your practice's Electronic Health Record (EHR) is cloud-based, please contact us to verify that your EHR can be supported before signing up.
How to Report With the QOPI Reporting Registry
The QOPI Reporting Registry is available to any practice with at least one active ASCO or ASTRO member. QOPI Practices can sign up using their existing QOPI Credentials. ASTRO practices and ASCO practices not participating in QOPI can request credentials by selecting “New Sign Up” in the bottom right corner.
QOPI Reporting Registry Timeline
- January 2020 - Sign up open for all reporting methods
- June 15, 2020 - Last day to sign up for Data Push option
- July 31, 2020 - Last day to sign up for the System Integrated (SI) approach (Data Pull/Electronic Data Capture) and CancerLinQ practices
- August 15, 2020 - Last day to sign up for Web Interface Tool (Manual Data Entry)
- August 31, 2020 - Last day for practices who have signed up for SI to successfully install the Remote Practice Connector (RPC) software
- October 30, 2020 - Last day for practice requested data refinements (scheduled data refinements will continue as necessary) (Data Push and Data Pull practices)
- November 30, 2020 - Last day for WIT practices to submit Q1, Q2, and Q3 Quality Data
- January 31, 2021 - Last day for WIT practices to submit Q4 Quality Data
- February 7, 2021 - Last day to submit Improvement Activity and Promoting Interoperability category data to the QOPI Reporting Registry
- February 28, 2021 - Last day to sign Data Release Consent Forms (DRCF) for MIPS submission to CMS
- March 24, 2021 - Deadline for data submission to CMS
- January 2022 - Payment adjustments begin
Additional dates will be added as deadlines arise
Practices participating in the QOPI® Reporting Registry can choose between two different methods of data entry to report their MIPS data to CMS.
System Integrated Approach (Electronic Reporting/Data Pull): Practices who opt to report through the System Integrated Approach can install the Remote Practice Connector, a read-only extraction software that connects to the practice’s Electronic Health Record, enabling quality data to be mapped and pulled electronically. Sign up for the System Integrated Approach.
Data Push Option: Practices who would still like to report electronically but that are unable to download the Remote Practice Connector (RPC) software can opt for a Data Push scenario, Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if your Electronic Health Record format is supported for Data Push.
Web Interface Tool (Manual Data Entry): Practices that cannot support electronica data capture can use the Web Interface Tool, a web-based platform to manually enter their quality data. Practices using the Web Interface Tool still have the option to attest to Improvement Activities and Advancing Care Information. Sign up for the Web Interface Tool.
CancerLinQ Practices: Practices participating in CancerLinQ can easily submit their data through the QOPI Reporting Registry as well as attest to Improvement Activities and Promoting Interoperability.* Please contact your CancerLinQ representative for more information.
Individual versus Group Reporting: Practices can choose to report for their providers individually by National Provider Identifier (NPI) or as a group by Tax Identification Number depending on eligibility.
QOPI Reporting Registry Fees
2020 MIPS reporting through the QOPI Reporting Registry costs $495 per NPI for practices reporting with the System Integrated approach (Data Pull), Data Push, or CancerLinQ.
Practices submitting data manually through the Web Interface Tool will pay $295/NPI.
The fee for both System Integrated and Web Interface Tool must be paid at the time of sign up. The fee includes access to your personalized MIPS dashboard with real-time data and MIPS score estimates, as well as access to content experts who can assist your practice in maximizing your MIPS score. Data submission to CMS is also included in the sign up fee.
Please take the time to review all of the information provided above as well as the provider eligibility criteria provided by CMS to ensure that the QOPI Reporting Registry is the best option to satisfy your MIPS reporting needs. The QOPI Reporting Registry has a limited refund policy and cannot guarantee a refund for practices who choose to sign up, complete payment, and then decided not to use the QOPI Reporting Registry. This applies to both SI and WIT reporting. If you have questions, please contact the QOPI Help Desk.
Refund policy for switching between SI and WIT:
- If a practice chooses to switch from Electronic Data Capture (Data Push, Data Pull, or CancerLinQ) to the Web Interface Tool, and any mapping work has been done (including successful installation of the RPC), no refund will be given.
- If a practice chooses to switch from the System Integrated Approach to the Web Interface Tool because installation of the RPC is not feasible, a $200/NPI refund will be given.
- If a practice chooses to switch from the Web Interface Tool to Electronic Data Capture (Data Push, Data Pull, or CancerLinQ), they will be charged the appropriate price difference.
For More Information,
Please email the QOPI Help Desk