After four years of providing oncology practices with a one-stop shop for submitting data to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid's (CMS) Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), ASCO has announced that the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) Reporting Registry will no longer offer MIPS reporting after the conclusion of the 2020 MIPS reporting year.
This includes electronic reporting through QOPI Reporting Registry System Integration (data pull and data push), the QOPI Reporting Registry Web Interface Tool, and CancerLinQ®’s SmartLinQ™ QRR Pathway.
Practices already signed up for 2020 will continue to be fully supported through the completion of the 2020 submission period.
The QOPI Reporting Registry would like to express our appreciation for our practices' continual commitment to improving quality of care for their patients and for their participation with the QOPI® Reporting Registry.
ASCO is working to compile a list of appropriate reporting alternatives that will meet the specialty needs of our oncology practices in 2021 and beyond. Additional information and resources will be added after the 2021 qualified QCDR list is released by CMS.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
2021 MIPS Resources
- Check your Provider Eligibility Criteria with CMS to see if you are required to report.
- Participation in QOPI Certification and the Quality Training program continue to apply to the MIPS Improvement Activities category - Check the 2020 List of Improvement Activities
Information for current 2020 QOPI Reporting Registry Practices
2020 Reporting Timeline
- August 31, 2020 - Last day for practices who have signed up for SI to successfully install the Remote Practice Connector (RPC) software
- October 30, 2020 - Last day for practice requested data refinements (scheduled data refinements will continue as necessary) (Data Push and Data Pull practices)
- November 30, 2020 - Last day for WIT practices to submit Q1, Q2, and Q3 Quality Data
- January 31, 2021 - Last day for WIT practices to submit Q4 Quality Data
- February 7, 2021 - Last day to submit Improvement Activity and Promoting Interoperability category data to the QOPI Reporting Registry
- February 28, 2021 - Last day to sign Data Release Consent Forms (DRCF) for MIPS submission to CMS
- March 24, 2021 - Deadline for data submission to CMS
- January 2022 - Payment adjustments begin