The Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) Reporting Registry, a Qualified Clinical Data Registry brought to you by ASCO and the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO), offers practices a one-stop shop for submitting your 2018 data to the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
2020 Medicare payment adjustments depend on how practices participate during the 2018 reporting year, as well as how they perform compared to other 2018 reporting practices.
In one easy-to-use dashboard, the QOPI Reporting Registry allows practices to report on 25 CMS-approved quality measures as well as attest to participation in Improvement Activities and Promoting Interoperability (formerly known as Advancing Care Information.) The QOPI Reporting Registry dashboard also provides an estimated MIPS score so you can see how you’re doing throughout your reporting.
If you're interested in signing up for electronic data abstraction and your practice's Electronic Health Record (EHR) is cloud-based, please contact us to verify that your EHR can be supported before signing up.
How to Report With the QOPI Reporting Registry
The QOPI Reporting Registry is available to any practice with at least one active ASCO or ASTRO member. QOPI Practices can sign up using their existing QOPI Credentials. ASTRO practices and ASCO practices not participating in QOPI can request credentials by selecting “New Sign Up” in the bottom right corner.
QOPI Reporting Registry Timeline
- October 1st, 2018 - Last day to sign up for the System Integrated (SI) approach
- November 1st, 2018 - Last day for practices who have signed up for SI to successfully install the Remote Practice Connector (RPC) software
- January 4, 2019 - Last day to sign up for the Web Interface Tool (WIT)
- March 8th, 2019 - Last day to sign Data Release Consent Forms (DRCF) for MIPS submission to CMS
- March 22nd, 2019 - Last day to submit data to the QOPI Reporting Registry
- January 2020 - Payment adjustments begin
Additional dates will be added as deadlines arise
Practices participating in the QOPI® Reporting Registry can choose between two different methods of data entry to report their MIPS data to CMS.
Electronic Reporting: System Integrated Approach: Practices who opt to report through the System Integrated Approach can install the Registry Practice Connector, a read-only extraction software that connects to the practice’s Electronic Health Record, enabling quality data to be mapped and pulled electronically.
Manual Data Entry: Web Interface Tool: Practices that cannot support a System Integrated Approach can use the Web Interface Tool, a web-based platform to manually enter their quality data. Practices using the Web Interface Tool still have the option to attest to Improvement Activities and Advancing Care Information. Sign up for the 2018 Web Interface Tool.
Individual versus Group Reporting: Practices can choose to report for their providers individually by National Provider Identifier (NPI) or as a group by Tax Identification Number.
2018 MIPS reporting through the QOPI Reporting Registry costs $495 per NPI for practice reporting with the System Integrated approach. As of 7/6/18, practices submitting data manually through the Web Interface Tool will pay $295/NPI.
The fee for both System Integrated and Web Interface Tool must be paid at the time of sign up. The fee includes access to your personalized MIPS dashboard with real-time data and MIPS score estimates, as well as access to content experts who can assist your practice in maximizing your 2018 score. Data submission to CMS is also included in the sign up fee.
- If a practice chooses to switch from the System Integrated Approach to the Web Interface Tool, and any mapping work has been done (including successful installation of the RPC), no refund will be given.
- If a practice chooses to switch from the System Integrated Approach to the Web Interface Tool because installation of the RPC is not feasible, a $200/NPI refund will be given.
- If a practice chooses to switch from the Web Interface Tool to the System Integrated Approach, they will be charged the appropriate price difference.
For More Information,
Please email the QOPI Help Desk