The cancer care environment faces unprecedented challenges. Oncology practices must adapt to sweeping changes in physician reimbursement, learn entirely new systems for quality reporting, and adhere to payer utilization management strategies designed to reduce healthcare costs—all while providing the highest quality cancer care, including complex treatment advances.
To help practices remain viable and thrive, ASCO has launched the Practice Engagement Program, a concierge service for oncology practices. Through this program, ASCO provides practices a single point of contact to help them identify and connect with the ASCO tools, programs, and resources that can best support their needs. Available by phone or email, or even site visits, your Practice Engagement Program point of contact can help answer a variety of questions, including:
- “Does ASCO have resources to help us improve our Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) scores?”
- “How can my practice benchmark our performance against other practices on business and operations metrics?”
- “Can ASCO help my practice transition from volume-based to value-based care?”
- “How can I demonstrate my practice’s commitment to quality?”
After understanding the needs of each specific practice, the Practice Engagement Team can identify specific ASCO resources to help resolve outstanding challenges, prepare for pending changes, and succeed in an ever-changing practice environment. Resources include:
- PracticeNET – A learning collaborative that allows oncology practices to share best practices from peers to enhance business operations
- ASCO Consulting Services and Support – Consulting services focused on operational improvement and the transition from volume to value-based care for oncology practices across the United States.
- Quality Training Program – A course that teaches teams to balance quality improvement projects with competing priorities
- Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) – A practice-based quality assessment program designed to promote excellence in cancer care
- QOPI Certification Program – A three-year certification program to help practices validate processes and demonstrate commitment to quality
- ASCO University – A comprehensive, constantly updated eLearning Center that advances lifelong education and learning
- New Membership Categories for Advanced Practice Providers (APP) and Practice Administrators – In recognition of their continued and expanding role on the cancer care team
- MACRA resources – A suite of resources to guide practices through the transition to new MACRA reporting requirements
The ASCO Practice Engagement Team is here to help you.