ASCO Clinical Affairs provides cross-cutting oncology practice consulting services, offering comprehensive, personalized support to practices across the United States. The ASCO team of oncology consultants includes nationally-recognized experts in practice management, value-based care, and clinical care delivery.
ASCO Consulting Services: What Oncology Practices Need to Know
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) continues to monitor the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). As the global impact of COVID-19 grows daily, our priority is always on the health and safety of our community, including ASCO members and staff.
ASCO has suspended all March and April travel for on-site visits for the safety of our Consulting Services practices, patients, and staff. Planning conversations are continuing for visits during summer and fall. Remote, tele-consulting support is being provided for practices currently engaged with the consulting team, as well as, offered for practices interested in ASCO consulting resources and support. Thank you for your ongoing patience and support as we take precautions to keep everyone safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
More information about this development and ongoing updates can be found for patients on Cancer.Net. and for providers in a central location on ASCO.org. If you should have any questions regarding consulting services, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Operational Consulting Services
- Readiness Assessment: Helps prepare practices for value-based care, new payment models, and success in the Quality Payment Program.
- Practice Operational Assessment: A comprehensive practice review focused on process efficiency, staffing efficiency and financial management.
- Customized Consulting: Services designed to meet your practice’s specific needs in the transformation from volume- to value-based care.
- Analytical Services: Practical data analytics (financial, clinical, and operational) to support business operations.
- Triage Pathways Implementation: A decision-support tool to help your patients get the right care at the right time in the right place. ASCO Consulting Services help you prepare for effective implementation of triage pathways.
Clinical Care Delivery Services
- Clinical Care Delivery Assessment: A practice review using a standardized tool and approach to patient care evaluation including quality patient care, safe patient care, and readiness for value-based care including patient-centered care, patient navigation, access to care, team-based care and continual improvement.
- Nurse Training Support: Helps with ASCO/Oncology Nursing Society Chemotherapy Administration Safety Standards.
- Advanced Practice Provider Program Development: Provides optimization of the APP model in practice.
- Value-based Care Delivery Model Support: Provides support for Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Quality Payment Programs, including Merit-based Incentive Payment System, Oncology Care Model, and other alternative payment models and payer quality initiatives.
Unlock valuable data to help your practice provide high-quality cancer care with ASCO’s Clinical Affairs Data Warehouse. The data warehouse supports Clinical Affairs’ work including consulting services, analysis projects and PracticeNET. The data warehouse includes
- Survey data
- Practice data
- Publicly available Medicare data
ASCO ensures the confidentiality and protection of all of practice data.
The ASCO Consulting Services team has more than 70 years of combined experience working in both community and hospital-based oncology practices and more than 20 years of oncology consulting experience. Our oncology consultants bring expertise in both the operational and clinical sides of practice. Our goal is to assist practices in all settings to achieve the highest level of practice health with a focus on efficient operations, quality initiatives, safe patient care delivery and the transition from volume to value-based care.
If you are interested in finding out more about what our consultants can do to help you achieve your goals, email us.