New Quality Payment Program Resources Available
CMS recently posted new Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) resources to the Quality Payment Program (QPP) Resource Library:
- 2018 MIPS Cost User Guide: Provides an overview of the MIPS Cost performance category including measures, reporting requirements, and scoring.
- 2018 MIPS Improvement Activities User Guide: Offers an overview of the MIPS Improvement Activities performance category including participation requirements, reporting methods, and scoring.
- 2018 MIPS Specialty Measures Guides for Emergency Medicine Clinicians, Ophthalmologists, Optometrists, Orthopedists, Pathologists, Podiatrists, and Primary Care Providers: Offers an overview of MIPS and provides a non-exhaustive list of measures and activities that may apply to these specialty clinicians.
- 2019 MIPS Quick Start Guide: Provides a high-level overview of who is eligible for MIPS in 2019, and how to participate.
- 2018 CMS Web Interface Sampling Methodology: Outlines the sampling methodology for the 15 clinical quality measures reported via the CMS Web Interface and provides background information regarding the number of beneficiaries each organization is expected to report on for purposes of the CMS Web Interface and how those beneficiaries are selected.
CMS also posted an updated QP Methodology fact sheet, which provides an overview of how CMS determines who is eligible to be a Qualifying Alternative Payment Model Participant (QP) and Partial QP in the Quality Payment Program.
Please visit the Quality Payment Program Resource Library for more Quality Payment Program resources or the Quality Payment Program website to check your participation status, explore measures, and review guidance on MIPS, APMs, what to report, and more. If you have any questions, reach out to your local or contact the Quality Payment Program at QPP@cms.hhs.gov or 1-866-288-8292 (TTY: 1-877-715-6222).